I don't know about the rest of you, but I thought the WriteOnCon.com free writing conference for kidlit writers was absolutely awesome! Also, since the conference was free, any interested writer was encouraged to attend, plus the curriculum focused on picture book, middle grade, and young adult writers.
WriteOnCon.com did have a few temporary glitches due to the overwhelming response that they had. I'm not exactly sure, but I think that maybe Google wasn't prepared for all of the creatively talented people that would be converging on one tiny little spot at the same time, and it blew their "little minds". Can you imagine what would have happened if WriteOnCon.com had have offered the conference to more than just kidlit writers? Why, it probably would have closed down the entire Internet!
Then on top of that, after Google finally got everything squared away, some of the participants (namely me!) still had trouble getting on to the WriteOnCon.com site because now their own individual Internet Service Providers (ISP's) were having problems with either Google or the WriteOnCon.com site itself. It was a little bit frustrating...
But as far as I'm concerned, none of this should reflect negatively upon the founders/presenters of the WriteOnCon.com event itself. Each one of the people involved in organizing, presenting and the actual nuts-n-bolts working at this fantastic conference are to be congratulated for the excellent jobs that they did!
- Jamie Harrington
- Elana Johnson
- Casey McCormick
- Shannon Messenger
- Lisa and Laura Roecker
- Jennifer Stayrook
- Michelle Andelman with Regal Literary.
- Regina Brooks with Serendipity Literary Agency, LLC.
- Catherine Drayton with InkWell Management.
- Natalie M. Fischer with The Sandra Dijkstra Literary Agency.
- Mandy Hubbard with D4EO Literary Agency.
- Weronika Janczuk with D4EO Literary Agency.
- Mary Kole with The Andrea Brown Literary Agency, Inc..
- Jennifer Laughran with The Andrea Brown Literary Agency, Inc..
- Kendra Levin with Viking Children's Books.
- Steven Malk with Writer's House Literary Agency.
- Mark McVeigh with The McVeigh Agency.
- Martha Mihalick with Greenwillow Books.
- Molly O'Neill with Katherine Tegen Books.
- Kathleen Ortiz with Lowenstein Assoiciates, Inc..
- Paul Samuelson with Sourcebooks, Inc..
- Anica Rissi with Simon & Schuster.
- Holly Root with Waxman Literary Agency.
- Elana Roth with The Caren Johnson Literary Agency.
- Joanna Stampfel-Volpe with Nancy Coffey Literary and Media Representation.
- Kate Schafer Testerman with KT Literary.
- Suzie Townsend with FinePrint Literary Management.
- Michelle Wolfson with Wolfson Literary Agency.
- Josh Berk
- Tera Lynn Childs
- Rosemary Clement-Moore
- Kimberly Derting
- Lindsay Eland
- Jennifer Fosberry
- Risa Green
- Rachel Hawkins
- P. J. Hoover
- Shelli Johannes-Wells
- Julia Karr
- Kody Keplinger
- Lindsey Leavitt
- Tom Leveen
- J. S. Lewis
- Cynthea Liu
- Jodi Meadows
- Shelley Moore Thomas
- Aprilynne Pike
- Janette Rallison
- Lisa Schroeder
- Crystal Stranaghan
- Tiffany Strelitz Haber
- Stasia Ward Kehoe
- Daisy Whitney
- Suzanne Young
- Michelle Zink
The Illustrators from "Studio Five" are:
I just wanted to publicly acknowledge all of the people that went to so much work bringing us such a fabulous writer's conference...and all for FREE, too, I might add! In addition to that, I wanted to give them a great big THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart, because I don't know that I would be able to attend a conference any other way. ~If I have missed anyone in error, please accept my apology, then let me know so I can edit this posting right away! Thanks.~ So...here's a special thanks to all of you:
I guess that's all for now, folks. Be sure to use the links above and visit the people that you're interested in checking out. Every one of them is super talented & creative and you'll be glad that you've gotten to know them in one way or another. Trust me!
Until next time...stay safe, stay well, and may the Lord bless you all.
Please visit my other blogs:
Cynde's Daybook ~and~ Usurper Exposed. Thank you!