Monday, June 8, 2009

"Writer's Image Prompt!"


* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Randall Lawrence wasn't sure just how long he would be able to continue cupping his hands like that. The tears were running down his face from shear exhaustion. It had probably been close to 6 hours since the spell had been placed on him, so that they could abduct his wife, and take her to King Abdali's fortress.

What would happen to Rebecca if he did let go, and dropped the water into the stream? If only he could be sure, then he would know what to do. How was he to rescue her, if his hands were in a sense "tied," and he could not get help?

Just then, his brother, Aaron came through the clearing. "Hey, what have you got there?"

One look at Randy's face, and he dived to his knees. "How can I help? What in h--l happened?"

"They took Becky," he cried.

Aaron still didn't understand what was happening. "But what's this? How can this be?" he said, as he saw the mosque clearly reflected in the cupped water of Randy's hands.

"A spell--and I can't hold out much longer."
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Let's have some fun here. Maybe someone can add a little to this story, then someone else can add a little more. Or, if you like, you can write your own story, because I must admit, this isn't very good. If no one has added anything to it by the time I get home from the drs., I may just change the story altogether. So...I hope you have some fun!

Until next time...stay safe, stay well, and may God bless you all.

Cynde

Please visit my other blogs:
Cynde's Daybook ~and~ Usurper Exposed. Thank you!

4 comments:

Elana Johnson said...

Wow, that image has so many possibilities. I LOVE the idea of having a spell take Becky into it and if he drops it, she'll...something.

Way awesome. I have no idea what to add, but I liked what you had written. :)

Cynde L. Hammond said...

Thanks for the encouragement, Elana!

You know what? I'm thinking that I might just finish the story myself, one of these days!

I posted the beginning of it in a rush, before I had to go to a dr.'s appt., and wasn't sure that I even liked it, but the more I think about it, the more the story comes alive for me!
That's the way it is sometimes, right?

Thanks for dropping by--it's always so good to hear from you!

~Cynde

Jean Henry Mead said...

Interesting premise, Cynde, and great photo that accompanies it. Btw, always eliminate redundancies in your writing such as: Just then, his brother, Aaron came through the clearing. "Hey, what have you got there, little brother?" (2 brothers in one sentence).

Keep writing. You certainly have potential!

Cynde L. Hammond said...

Dearest Jean!

Thanks so much for catching my boo-boo. I'll go edit that right away.
I know better than to make a common mistake like that, but I did it anyway, didn't I?
It's great to have someone who cares about me bring those things to my attention.
Thanks again, Jean, and it's so good of you to stop by; I always enjoy your visits.

Sincerely,
Cynde